Thursday 27 March 2008

Memories

My husband likes to claim that he is a 'toy boy' he is younger than me but it is not such a massive gap really, just ten years. I think whoever said that a younger man keeps you young should probably read my other blog, I have gained a few grey hairs since Robbie and I got together, but we are good together. The only time the age difference really becomes noticeable is when we talk about our childhood. I was born in the 1960's and he was born in the 1970's, so our memories of children's television and toys and games are very different. Robbie loved his Tonka toys, Hornby trains and Corgi cars, I have happy memories of my Tiny Tears, my Britain's Farm and my Mousetrap game. My favourite outside toys were a space hopper, pogo stick and roller skates, Robbie loved his bike, a Grifter then a BMX.The other day we watched a television program about the 100 best loved kids television programs. It brought back lots of happy memories including Ivor the Engine, Noggin the Nog, Magpie, Camberwick Green; Robbie liked Bod and lots of things that I had never seen. All this talk about childhood made me feel very nostalgic so I think I am going to treat myself to a book about the 1960's or 70's, I was surprised to find that there are so many to choose from.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a great post. as arnold schwarzenegger would say...I'll be Back.
thanks
henry