Sunday 30 March 2008

Charles and Elizabeth by W. J. Burley

I came across this book when I was looking for more Wycliffe books (by the same author) I love Wycliffe books, but I will write about that another day. This is an odd book, it could be a ghost story, but somehow it is more about being in touch with the past. It could be a book about mental illness or about obsession, you will have to decide on that. It is set mainly in the past with links to the present, it has a gripping story and I found it hard to put down. In a way this is a book about identity and about things being not quite as they seem. I loved this book, I got really caught up in the unravelling mystery - which wasn't obvious. It deals with a very difficult and scandalous relationship, but it is treated in a very sensitive way. It is a book I will read again.

No comments: